2017 Muscular Dystrophy Association Scientific Conference
19 - 22 Mar 2017
Virginia, United States
This conference brings together nearly 450 professionals in the academic, government, industrial and clinical arenas who work in various ways to help drive scientific and therapeutic advancements and discoveries. The conference will focus on better understanding disease causes, identifying new therapeutic targets and innovative technologies and discussing new advances in preclinical and clinical research — all aimed at accelerating drug development and targeted treatments for neuromuscular diseases.
Conference presentations and discussions will focus on the following areas:
• Genetics, epigenetics and gene discovery
• Approaches to precision medicine
• Understanding nuclear membranes and protein misfolding/turnover
• Gaining insights into channelopathies, dystrophin glycocomplex diseases, mitochondrial myopathies, repeat expansion diseases
• Motor and peripheral neuron diseases
• Clinical trials
The conference facilitates multiple opportunities for the exchange of ideas and dialogue, and includes two evening poster sessions.